5 important facts about Home Health Care CAPHS (H-HCAHPS)
The Home Health Care CAHPS initiative is in full swing folks! Here are 5 key facts that you need to know:
1) If you are a Medicare-certified home health care agency who serves 60 or more Medicare patients a year, you must participate in the HHCAHPS patient experience survey.
2) The patient survey is 34 Questions long: click here to view the questions
3) The rate of return is LOW for HHCAPS. Medicare still posts the results even if there are not enough surveys to make the report statistically relevant.
4) Nationally there is no agency that has patient satisfaction survey scores in the 90%-100% range.
5) Here is the national average of results broken down by category:
– Percent of patients who reported that their home health team gave care in a professional way: 88%
– Percent of patients who reported that their home health team communicated well with them: 85%
– Percent of patients who reported that their home health team discussed medicines, pain, and home safety with them: 83%
– Percent of patients who gave their home health agency a rating of 9 or 10 on a scale from 0 (lowest) to 10 (highest): 84%
– Percent of patients who reported YES, they would definitely recommend the home health agency to friends or family: 79%
You can log on to Medicare’s Home Health Compare and view agencies results by zip code.